In total a programme of 13 Colleagues on Tap co-working days for homeworkers have taken place between June 2010 and July 2011, with a further 5 events planned for Autumn 2011.
We have now produced a report to evaluate the rationale behind Colleagues on Tap, and to set out the results of a survey of over 50 homeworkers who attended the events during the initial 12 month period, with a survey response rate of over 85%.
Key highlights from the survey results are:
- Over half of the participants in Colleagues on Tap co-working days attended more than once (85% of males and 41% of females)
- All but one of the homeworkers who attended ran their own business
- Nearly 80% of co-workers reported that they'd managed to get as much work done as they usually do at home, and almost half said they'd actually improved on their usual productivity
- 93% of attendees at events said they had made new contacts while they worked
- 100% of those attending the 'SpoT chat' found it useful